- Market leading manufacturer of residential front and back doors
- To provide a comprehensive market size analysis of the UK Residential front and back door
- To understand the perceived positioning of the clients’ brand vs key competitors
- To determine, then assess, the key selection criteria when selecting suppliers
- To explore other adjacent markets to provide examples of best practice
- To complete a full review of 11 main competitors in the UK residential front and back door market
How we met the objectives
- Undertook desk research to calculate market size data using Office for National Statistics construction output statistics. Forecasts were estimated for residential construction (new build and RMI), using various sources such as ONS, CPA, AMA, IBIS World, Glenigan and other trade estimates.
- Conducted telephone survey with 76 entrance door installers across the country.
- Completed additional in-depth interviews with installers and trade associations to identify further information for specific parts of the project.
- Carried out a mystery shop exercise, alongside obtaining pricing information this also provided further insight into the customer journey with competitor brands.
- Evaluated competencies, revenue, routes to market, product types and social media activity of 11 competitors.
Benefits for the client
- Identified market positioning for each of their brands to maximise their potential.
- Provided a clear understanding of the competitive landscape in the UK residential door market.
- Provided recommendations to assist in defining commercial and product business strategies.