expanding in international markets
Penetrating International Markets
Over the last year we have seen a trend within UK organisations to consider expanding their operations into international markets. This trend has been particularly noticeable amongst the small to medium size organisations, which have noted:
- The success that many of the major British contractors, consulting engineers and suppliers are having in overseas markets
- The major development programmes being implemented in the Middle East and other parts of the world
- The increased level of products being manufactured overseas to serve local markets
- An increase in level of enquires from overseas markets for specialist technology and services
- The increased demand from UK and overseas businesses to recruit British staff.
In recent months more and more companies are considering overseas markets because of the likely slowdown in the UK economy.
At Leading Edge we have experience in developing new business in export markets for UK companies in the construction and manufacturing sectors. This ranges from researching the markets to identifying and prioritising potential countries and where appropriate overseas partners, to the actual implementation of business plans and managing the market entry strategy. In particular our consultants have:
Many British services and products are in high demand in the international markets. If you are considering expanding overseas and need assistance, please contact us to discuss the services we can provide through our experts who have many years of international experience.
- Established new distribution in overseas markets and expanded existing distribution networks for a UK based manufacturer
- Identified the market opportunity and potential sales in export markets for a European manufacturer
- Researched and developed an international expansion plan for a process engineering company. The plan has now been implemented and numerous opportunities are being pursued
- Refocused the strategy of a major building systems manufacturer to markets more suited for their products, researched and introduced them to an overseas partner to establish a factory in the geographical region.
back to top | home